Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Kidsons Cycles - Employment Obligations and Resposibilities

Well as I post this, we've finished for this Term.

I'll start by saying this was a rather interesting term, having both highs and lows and rather some interesting times that happened the last term.

Anyway enough of the reminiscing, what I'm here to post is about what I had to do throughout the duration of the Kidsosns Cycles Rebranding Project.

My responsibilities for the project was Print Researcher as well as writing the Style Guide. Part of my responsibilities as print research was determining specific print requirements for things such as business cards, colour specifications, jerseys, etc. During the time of the project, I had to contact Clothing Company 'Cannibal Clothing' who (based up in Tweed Heads) make the thousands of jerseys available for cycling shops (this including Kidsons Cycles) and were more than happy to help with my enquiries and provided me the templates available.

The second part of my role throughout the project was the creation of the style guide, which interestingly, turned out that Kidsons Cycles never had a pre-existing style guide available - meaning that I had the 'fun' part of creating one from scratch, although I had to wait for my classmates to finish the Business Cards and Letterheads before defining the style guide throughly. In addition, I had to define the colours used with the new logo and associated stationery.

Apart from that, my role in the project went somewhat smoothly, although the thing that I can improve on you be more consultation with classmates when setting out standards in relation to the style guide.

No comments: