Sunday, May 8, 2011

CD Covers - Rough Sketches & Concepts

Drakie here,

A few weeks ago, we were told to come up with printed CD Covers and Spreads, here is the summary of the requirements for this assessment (all work that is to be printed has to be printed at RGB 300dpi as well as copies of the final work to be in RGB 72dpi):

- 4 Page Spread (240mm x 120mm with 3mm Bleed)
- Back CD Label with Spine
- Disc itself with printed graphics

Now onto the concepts, for some strange reason, I was able to come up with some concepts almost straight away, I decided to come up with a Jazz/Blues style themed album by a fictional artist called Bob Dean and the title under the name of 'Noir' (for those that don't know, 'Noir' translates to 'Black' in French - apologies if I sounded obvious).


Here are some of the concepts I've come up with:



Pages 1 & 4 of the Spread (Do note that Page 1 of the spread will act as the front cover of the CD Album)



Pages 2 & 3 of the spread



Back Cover with Spine and CD Print Face

(NOTE: I've try to make the best of efforts in taking these rough sketchs/concepts so please, if you can't read any of the text, comment about it and I'll reply to you explaining the text).

Those are my concepts on the CD Cover, please feel free to leave any comments on any suggestions or improvements that I could make.

No comments: