Monday, May 9, 2011

Children's Book Assessment - Rough Designs and Concepts

Today, we're making a start on the Children's Book Assessment.

I'll have to be honest with you, whilst I may be great at detailed sketches, I am absolutely rubbish at anything writing-based (I didn't do too well in Standard English back at High School) and my big weakness is anything fantasy-based (sketching with realism elements has always being my strongest point as opposed to anything non-realistic/fantasy based). But anyway, we had to make a start of it.

With the help from my parents last night, the title of the children's book is called 'If I was a robot in Mars..."

These are the character designs in which will be used for the book, do note that as the project progresses, some things will be subject to change:




There are five robots that I came up with: BOB, Robobox, Wheelbot, Crawler and Evil Bot-Man (as specified in the image above):

- BOB is the main protagonist of the story, trying to thwart the evil plans of Evil Bot-Man. The other two robots - Robobox and Wheelbot assist BOB in stopping Evil Bot-Man.

- Evil Bot-Man is the main antagonist of the story, wanting to carry out his evil plan - that is to control all robots. He sends out his Minions (or Mindless Grunts as I like to put it), called Crawlers to reinforce his plan

All of the designs here are kept as original as possible, I got the inspiration of the design of Evil Bot-Man from a mecha bot called 'Jaguar' from a old-school (yet addictive) beat-em up fighting game called 'One Must Fall 2097' from Epic Games (Google it since it's now freeware, though you need DOSBox to run it, give it a try sometime, it may be old but it is disturbingly addictive)

No comments: